Hot Off The Press.
Urgent News Update!
Following on from our other post about all things entry based*, we now bring you an update on The Fleet Moss Situation…
Having been unable to resolve the route across the infamous Fleet Moss, the committee have looked at various solutions, reviewed last year’s tracker data, consulted with our extremely knowledgeable sweep teams, and have settled on a plan (for this year at least, but that’s a tale for another day
For those of you who own one of our maps – we will give you a replacement section at kit check. The maps remain valid to use, you can mark the new checkpoints on them too.
The iconic Fellsman Tally will be adjusted accordingly, this could be a one off edition for any collectors out there!
Once you have descended the road from FLEET MOSS to Deepdale
- You will be directed across the wooden footbridge over the River Wharfe at SD 889 799 (it will be flagged and have flashers for night-time).
- Then follow the track down the riverbank to our first new checkpoint DEEPDALE at SD 891 798.
- From DEEPDALE you will cross over the road bridge and follow the Dales Way to Yockenthwaite farm.
- Once through the farm you will then head up the fell and onto our second new checkpoint CHAPEL MOOR at SD 924 807.
- Following along the same line you will then come to our final Checkpoint change. We have moved HELLS GAP down the track to SD 936 815
- At this point you are back on the usual route down the hill into Cray.